Editors Note: We were able to acquire 2 more recipes AGAIN, from the James Beard award winning chef and renowned award winning cook book author, Celebrity chef Ricardo DelosReyes. He is back in town. Heard he had to flee Hong Kong. An article for another day. The man never sleeps. Thank you Ricardo
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter • 1 cup all-purpose flour • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 3-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped • 1/2 cup stout or robust porter like Chafunkta Brewing’s Old 504 • 4 large eggs, at room temperature • 1 cup granulated sugar • 1 cup packed light brown sugar • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9” by 13” baking pan. Set aside.
2. Put 1 tablespoon of the flour in a small bowl. Add the chocolate chips. Toss to coat the chocolate (this will keep the chips from sinking to the bottom of the batter). Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt with a fork or wire whisk.
4. Melt the coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water. In a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter until it just turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. Pour the butter into the chocolate and stir until combined. Remove the bowl from the heat and slowly stir in the beer.
5. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and sugars until thick, about 2 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all of the ingredients are well combined. Fold in the floured chocolate chips.
6. Pour mixture into the greased pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges of the brownies are firm and the center is set (use a toothpick to test for doneness). Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.