- 1 jar (2.5 oz.) Mustard seed (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup Dry mustard
- 1.5 cups Malt or cider vinegar
- 12 oz. Homebrewed ale or lager
- 2 slices Onion
- 1 Tbl. Honey
- 1 Tbl. Molasses
- ½ tsp. Allspice
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Dill seed
- ½ tsp. Tarragon
- ½ tsp. Ground cloves
- Put mustard seed, dry mustard, and ½ cup each of vinegar and beer in a blender or food processor with steel blade.
- Let stand 3 hours so the seeds will soften.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 quart glass batter bowl, combine the remaining vinegar, beer, onion, honey, molasses, allspice, cinnamon, dill seed, tarragon, and cloves.
- Microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes or until boiling.
- Cover and let stand until mustard mixture is ready. Process the mustard mixture to a coarse puree.
- Discard onion from spice mixture, gradually add remaining mixture to pureed mustard; blend well.
- Transfer mustard to same glass bowl. Whisk several times during cooking. Microwave on high 12 minutes or until mustard reduces to 3 cups. Pour into glass jars.
Yields 3 cups.
Thanks to Cowtown Cappers Homebrew Club of Fort Worth for the above receipt.