NAME: Sunset on Vienna
STYLE: Vienna Lager
Batch Size : 5.5 gals.
Brewer: Will Thompson
Munich 6o – 2# 1.6 oz.
Vienna 3.5o – 8# 6.4 oz.
Biscuit 23o – 3.4 oz.
Heat 2.677 gallons to 175o and add crushed malt.
Settle at 155o and mash for 60 min.
Perform vorlauf and run into kettle.
Sparge with 172o liquor to collect 7 gal.
90 min. boil
.35 oz. Magnum @ 14.1 aa for 60 min.
1 oz. Tetnanger @ 2.9 aa for 20 min.
Whirlpool and chill to 50o
Oxygenate and pitch a starter of 37/70 yeast
Ferment at 50o for two weeks
Rack into keg and lager at 34o for three weeks.
Carbonate to 2.5 vol.
- Fill sparge tank up to top ring with filterd water, add water treatment.
- Heat water to 15° over desired Mash temperature. 170 °F
- Add hot water to Mash Tuns, allow to warm up, and then Drain.
- Add fresh hot water to the Mash Tuns, several inches over false bottom, and mix in Malt.
5.Mix Malt with sparge water until saturated, at least 1″ over grain bed, and at Mash temperature. 2.6775 Gal
- Add Hot or Cold water to adjust Temp if needed, mash for one hour.
- Recirc wort until clear, Sparge, then run off to Boiling Kettle. Desired Mash Temp 155 °F
- Start boil at 60gal + to net 50 Gals.
BOIL 90 Minutes Desired Sparge Temp 175 °F
HOP TYPE AMT aa TIME
0.35 14.1 60 IBU’S old 20.15
1 2.9 20
IBU’s Tinseth 20.20 64.4
1.35 oz Total
FERMENTED AT 68 DEGREES WITH YEAST, DAYS.
O.G. 1.055 AT 60 TEMP. AT TEMP.
RACKED BEER: 366.86
O.G. ACTUAL 1.055 PLATO 13.56 % ALCOHOL BY WT. 293.49
F.G. ACTUAL 0.001 PLATO -674.98
% ALCOHOL BY VOL.
Crescent City Homebrewers
Sunset on Vienna
BREWMASTER: Will Thompson